Monday, April 11, 2011

Weekly Update...

Sorry for the tardiness…a busy last week here…

Funerals, eulogies, job interviews…you get the idea…

Regardless, it was a fairly fishy week. Managed my first two trout of the year, turned a Pike (or two), and managed to get into some pan fish.

Pike was with Boz this past Wednesday. We had a great paddle down some new water, and he even managed to pull a frisky 6lb fish out from some shelf ice. We got his new pup some water time, and it was a great day to learn and explore.

Funeral on Sunday/Monday brought us back to CT. We left on Saturday, and I managed an evening run on a local stream near the in laws place. Sunday AM was spent paddling around a small bass pond looking for some early signs of life. While we spooked several carp, no bass were up from the deep yet. I did manage a few small ‘gills, and the surprise of the trip was a nice small brown trout. I’m fairly certain that it was a drop back stocker that was foraging around, but none the less, it was a first for me.

This next week is kinda shot with travel back to Cleveland, but I’m hoping to be back on the water starting next week.

I’ll see if I can wiggle up some of the pictures from the trips this week. It’s been a bit tough to get the lens out for all the excitement, but I’m hoping that all changes really soon.

Also, as Spring approaches, and with more time on the water, (and this being the last trek into Cleveland for a while), I should have time to start getting up more posts and pictures. I know this boring blog is getting kinda old...

Till next time!

No comments: