Sunday, August 3, 2008

Broken (in) Canoe...

Well Jimmy gave me the call yesterday about breaking in the canoe. It’s been in our family for years, and was recently handed on to me from my mother in CT. We’ve had it for about 3 months now, so it was definitely too dry.

We pushed off about 5:30, and scoured the lake looking for fish. Bass we sitting deep, and it was difficult to pick them out. I turned Jim onto the joys of Sunfish/Pumpkinseed fishing for a hour or so before the winds died and the swirls began to fill the calm waters. We ran across the lake and started moving up the East bank. We picked off a few bass along the bank while we waited for the swimmers to disperse. In our wait, we saw this guy…


We then ran into the beach area and picked a few more fish off. Though he didn’t get any pics…Jimmy scored more bass then I did…See below:


Jimmy did however get the money shot of the night…
Picking up on his fly flinging skills and apparently photography as well…


No comments: